Friday, August 13, 2010

Welcome to the world Abigail Grace!

I had the honor to attend the birth of my newest goddaughter, Abigail Grace. Abby is now a week old and mom and baby are doing great! Abby's birth was an amazing event largely due to her rockstar mom, Susie. Susie was calm, determined and truly awe inspiring throughout the whole process. I always knew this friend of mine was a strong woman, but I was completely blown away by her strength. What an amazing mom my little Abby has!


Here is a picture of Abby a week after her birth:


Susie sent me some pictures from the birth. Here are a few of them:

While killing time between contractions, Susie asked to see my belly. Her husband, Jerry, was quick with the camera and caught the sweet moment.


This was taken shortly after Abby was born. I was so proud of my Susie! Can you tell?!



This was the whole crew that attended the birth. In addition to Susie, Jerry, Abigail and me we have Susie's friend Ruth and their amazing doula in the back.



Jason and I stopped by to see Abby once they were settled in their own room. It was so sweet to see Jason with her. He's going to be such a great dad!





No comments:

Post a Comment