Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nursery Preview #2

I've finally gotten back around to working on the nursery. There is still a long way to go, but here is how it looks today:

The biggest project was refinishing the dresser (which I first wrote about in this post). After much searching, I finally found a dresser I liked on Craigslist. Here is what it originally looked like:

It wasn't in horrible shape, it was just a bit dated and dingy looking. After sanding, priming, painting and changing the hardware it turned out just as I had hoped!

I also finished a little art project for over the dresser/changing table. I wanted some pictures of family in Baby Girl's room and thought it might be nice to have pictures up of all her (current) cousins. After assembling lots of cute photos I ordered hard copies of them all from and arranged them in the frame. I used material that I bought for her closet doors to decorate the middle square. I'm not sure if I'll leave it or replace it with something else, but I like it for now.

The next project will be to hang the nursery curtains (they are finally all hemmed and ready to go!) and I also want to mount these adorable bird cards around the room (thanks Kirsten and Mike!).

We also have this amazing growth chart to hang (thanks Jared and Tara!):

And no, Baby Girl's name isn't "Morgan" ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment