Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bed Rest



As it turns out, I somehow injured my rib from all the coughing I've been doing over the past few weeks. I went to see the doctor yesterday and he said he didn't want to take any X-rays, but he said it is quite possible I cracked or broke a rib. Thankfully I'm still able to breath without much trouble, but coughing, hiccuping, singing and even walking are quite painful.

I have spent the last day-and-a-half resting and will continue to rest as much as I can for the next week or two. To make matters worse, however, sleeping upright (which helps with the coughing and rib pain) has caused my sciatic nerve to become more of a problem. There are times when I have gotten stuck in one spot because I can't put any weight on my right leg without severe, shooting pain!

Unfortunately there are rehearsals I just can't miss and voice lessons that I also can't skip out on. The doctor prescribed me some strong pain killers (that are apparently okayed for pregnancy) but I would prefer not to use them. Also, since I can't drive while taking them, they wouldn't do me much good anyway unless I get a chauffeur!

I keep trying to remember that many women have it WAY worse during pregnancy. I am extremely grateful that these problems really only affect me and not Charlotte. She is as healthy and active as ever! I am also grateful to have such a great husband to take care of me. He even stayed home from work yesterday to take me to the doctor and generally dote on me. I only wish he could stay home for the rest of the week! Who's going to run my bath and bring me food in bed today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment