Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Sick


Ugh. I've had a chest cold since Saturday. It slowly got worse and is now pretty consistently yucky. Good news is that my coughs are becoming more and more productive; I hope that means I'll be on the mend soon! Until then it is pretty impossible for me to sing or even rehearse my music. I have a rehearsal for the Durufle Requiem tonight and have warned the director that I don't have much of a voice. I just hope it comes back in time for the performance on Sunday!

In the meantime, I'm trying to drink lots of water and get lots of rest. I've had a few cups of tea with ginger powder and honey in it and that feels nice on my throat, but doesn't do much for the constant tickle in my lungs. I may try taking a steamy shower or perhaps boiling water and inhaling the steam for a while to try to break up all the gunk in my lungs before tonight's rehearsal. I've also made up a batch of homemade, pregnancy safe, cough syrup that I found online. Who knows if it actually does any good, but it is worth a try:

Make a paste of 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar, 1 table spoon of honey, and 2 tablespoon of normal water. Mix them well and take 1 teaspoon of this mixture whenever you have cough problem.

It doesn't taste all that bad. Just a bit spicy. I'm also sucking on Ricola cough drops. Unfortunately, most everything else is not allowed for pregos. Sigh. I wouldn't mind the chest cold as much if it didn't mean I couldn't work! I've got things to do and songs to sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment