Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things:

1. Etsy heating pad:
I originally bought this heating pad to use for my feet in the winter. It kept my tootsies nice and toasty all last winter and this year has gotten even more use in providing relief to my back and rib. I just pop it in the microwave for a few minutes and it provides long lasting heat with no cords attached! You can find it here: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/25540397



2. Bubble baths!
I take at least one long soak every day. I've acquired an assortment of yummy bubble bath products that make the soak that much more luxurious. Luckily, we live in an old house that has a nice deep tub. I know I'm supposed to be careful with taking hot baths while pregnant, but I assure you I am being safe about it. :)



3. This banana bread recipe:
I got this recipe from a woman I sing with after she brought some in to share one morning. I was so impressed with how incredibly moist it was and asked for the recipe. I was shocked to find out how healthy it is! I just made a batch and substituted ground flax seed for the wheat germ and it is super yummy. I also threw in some chia seeds to make it extra healthy. I will never again bake dry banana bread!

1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
3-4 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped pecans (2 oz)

Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add applesauce and egg, and beat on medium speed for 1 minute until smooth. Add bananas and beat 1-2 minutes more until well blended (batter will be a little lumpy). Stir in pecans. Pour into greased bread pan and Bake at 350 degrees 60 minutes (40 minutes if making mini-loaves). Cool before slicing.



4. Pillars of the Earth Miniseries
I am trying to make sure I get plenty of rest while I'm healing from my cough and rib injury. It is hard for me to just sit and rest but this miniseries makes it much easier! I am a sucker for historical fiction novels and I absolutely loved this book. The miniseries is does a great job of representing the characters and story. It is a bit depressing at times, but overall a great way to waste an hour. The best part is that it is available to "watch instantly" through Netflix!




5. A good husband:
I know these can be hard to find, but I highly recommend one if you don't have one already. Jason has taken such good care of me throughout my pregnancy and even better care of me while I've been sick. He even took a day off work to take me to the doctor and generally dote on me.
It is also fun to see him get so excited about being a dad. He was just saying this morning how neat it will be to be referred to as "Charlotte's dad." I love that he thinks about these little things. Charlotte is so lucky to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment