Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Beef

I have never been a big meat eater. It has just always freaked me out just a bit. My breakfasts and lunches tend to be entirely vegetarian and most of our dinners are vegetarian as well. My baby, however, is a meat eater.

At the beginning of my pregnancy I was slightly repulsed by the fact that the only thing that sounded palatable was an Arby's roast beef sandwich. I was grateful when that passed (so was Jason!) but today my beef craving came back with a vengeance. After a nice and healthy, vegetarian lunch I was hit by a big bad bacon hamburger craving. (What I really wanted was a bacon cheeseburger, but my lactose intolerance would not have allowed for that.) Not one to deny my child of his/her needs, I happily indulged my craving at Z Burger here in DC:



It was spectacular. I savored every bite.

Here's hoping my darling child won't need another one tomorrow as well! I'd love to be able to wear my skinny jeans again at some point in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment