Monday, October 11, 2010

Glucose Test


I had my test for gestational diabetes this morning. I arrived at 7:50 (I always try to get the earliest appointment!) and drank the lovely "glucose drink" for breakfast. After an hour I got some blood drawn and then they sent me home. All and all it wasn't so bad. I thought it was funny that of the other pregnant women who wrote about the glucose test, many of them talked about how tasty the glucose drink was! I have to agree that it was pretty non-offensive. I can't say I would ever choose to drink it again, but it went down with no problems. It kind of tasted like a flat glass of orange soda.

I had an appointment while I waited and got to hear Charlotte's heart beat. It was nice and strong! My blood pressure is normal and I am gaining weight like a champ. It is hard to believe that I've already gained about 30 pounds. Yikes. That is especially scary since I still have 12 weeks to go! I still haven't gained much weight in the rest of my body, and am grateful that my face hasn't ballooned up either but I'm not too concerned if that does happen. I'll lose it eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment