Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First Doctor Visit and Due Date Info

Today was my first visit with an OBGYN. It wasn't the doctor I will be working with, but one of her colleagues. He was great, but I know I will be much more comfortable with a woman. Still, I LOVED the office staff and the office itself is clean and updated. It is also a mere four minutes from my house. I could walk there! I found the office through a referral service at our nearby hospital. The hospital is only about five minutes from our house. It is also Catholic which we like.

I was happy that Jason came with me to the appointment. We started out chatting in the doctor's office and then moved to the exam room. He kept asking if we had questions, but we really didn't have many. We've been reading a lot in books and online and so far didn't have many pressing questions. They didn't do an ultrasound, but I got a full physical and exam. Good times. They also took some blood and will have me back in in a few days or a few weeks depending on what the results are.

I just got a text from my mom asking if we found out the due date and, stupidly, we forgot to ask! A book a friend lent me has a chart to figure out the due date and according to the chart I am due January 7. According to an online "calculator", however, I am due January 4th. Both dates are later than what I had originally figured out, so who knows at this point! I'm just glad it will be far enough away from Christmas. Jason laughs, but I have always said I didn't want a Christmas baby. I think a June baby would have been perfect as it is a good six months away from Christmas, but I guess it is too late now! Maybe we can work on that for next time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment