Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Little Scare

I woke up this morning with severe cramping in my lower belly and back. This was the second day in a row this had happened, but this time it was even more severe than last time. After 15 minutes of constant pain Jason went and got my mom (who is still visiting from Washington). We eventually decided to call a nurse practitioner through our insurance. After listening to my symptoms and asking a lot of questions, she said we should head to the emergency room. Talk about scary!

The cramping lasted a total of 45 minutes and by the time we got to the ER, I felt a lot better. I was tired and sore, but the cramping was gone. After waiting a few hours (the hospital was pretty busy!) I finally got a bed. Another few hours past before I was able to see a doctor who recommended I get an ultrasound. Thankfully the ultrasound revealed a healthy little blob that was already five weeks old. They put me on miscarriage watch and sent me home. I'll remain on miscarriage watch until I speak with my OBGYN on May 11th. Until then I'm just trying to take it easy. Jason is taking good care of me and we are overall just so grateful that we still have the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment