Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm Preggers!

Jason and I have been trying to conceive since January. We had our hopes up really high the first few months but as the weeks past without any sign of pregnancy, we stopped thinking about it so much. The morning of a friend's bachlorette party I decided to take a home test to make sure I would be able to drink freely that evening. I was shocked to see the second little line appear on my pee stick! I woke up Jason and had him look at it and then brought it to my mother (who was was visiting from Washington state) and had her check it out too. The verdict was in: I am pregnant!

A look at the calender shows that I'm about three or four weeks along. Knowing I'm preggers explains the nausea (that I had attributed to bad food and stress) and the exhaustion (I actually had to lay down in a dressing room while shopping with my mom because I was so overwhelmed with exhaustion!). Though it is on the early side to be telling everyone about the pregnancy, the cat quickly came out of the bag when I had to avoid drinking at the bachlorette party, rehearsal dinner and now the wedding tonight. We decided to tell family, so we'll be making those calls today. It is such an exciting time!

We're grateful to have so much time to prepare for Junior, but we're also so anxious to meet him/her! Until then, I've started this blog to keep family and friends updated on the pregnancy news.

No comments:

Post a Comment