Monday, May 10, 2010

Sad news

We just found out some devastating news about my fourteen-year-old nephew: he has cancer. We are all in shock. The good news is that they operated and it looks like they got it all out. The bad news is that it sounds like he'll still have to go through chemo and radiation. He just turned fourteen yesterday and will be going into high school this fall. Please keep him in your prayers.

As far as the baby and I go, I've been doing my best to keep relaxed and not too stressed out. I am supposed to take finals this week at school, but contacted three of my professors to let them know that I will be taking incomplete grades. I have spoken with my profs and with the dean and they all are fine with this. I now have until October to finish my classes, but I intend to finish everything up within the next couple of weeks. I just needed to do something to make all of this more manageable and I feel really good about my decision. I hate to drag things out, but I just can't imagine pulling all night study sessions when I'm already so stressed and exhausted.

I see my OBGYN tomorrow and Jason will be coming with my to my appointment. I am a little nervous because my cramping has continued, but we're assuming everything will be normal.

In the meantime, we're sending good thoughts and prayers to our nephew. He has come to stay with us every summer for the last three years and we would love to have him out again this year. Here's hoping! . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment